COURSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Vicki Culling Associates (VCA) e-Course: Interacting and Communicating with Bereaved Parents Following Baby Loss: For Those Creating Memories and Providing Resources
When you register online for the ‘Interacting and Communicating with Bereaved Parents Following Baby Loss: For Those Creating Memories and Providing Resources’ e-Course you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. Enrolment Fee. Full payment of the enrolment fee is due before the commencement of the course. You can pay by credit card, debit card, online banking, or cheque. Access to the course is available once full payment has been made. The enrolment fee covers the course registration and participation, and all other course content.
2. System Availability and Support. The e-learning platform, Ruzuku, is generally available 24 per day, seven days per week; but may be down during times of maintenance required for optimum system performance. VCA/Ruzuku will make every effort to inform you of system downtime in advance, but this is not always possible. We cannot provide support for computers that do not meet the Ruzuku system requirements. Those requirements are:
Browsers: the latest version (or the one before that) of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or a modern mobile browser such as Mobile Safari.
Operating Systems: the latest two versions of Windows or Mac.
Note: To participate in Ruzuku video webinars, which use WebRTC technology, browsers functioning with operating systems that support WebRTC should be used. The iPhone iOS does not currently support WebRTC technology. Support for technical problems is available through the support function with Ruzuku; if you are not able to make contact with Ruzuku support, please advise VCA and we’ll make every effort to help.
3. Refund Policy. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with a course you undertook with us, you can contact VCA to discuss a refund or partial refund. You will receive your full registration fee if you cancel your enrolment up to a day (24 hours) before the start of the course. You will receive a 50 percent refund if you cancel within the first two days of the course. No refunds will be given after completion of the course. To make a request for a refund, submit a written request to VCA. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within seven to 14 business days.
4. Course Cancellation and Content. VCA reserves the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrolment. Such decisions will be made at least one week before the scheduled course date. Registrants will be notified via email; VCA will make every effort to avoid cancellations. In the case of a cancellation, you will have the choice of registering for the next course date or receiving a refund for the full course fee. VCA will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the e-Course as outlined on the website and in any advertising. However, we reserve the right to:
• Make reasonable adjustments to the timetable or presenters specified for an eCourse
• Make reasonable amendments to the content and syllabus of an e-Course when necessary
5. Course Transfer. If the situation arises in which you are no longer able to participate in a course but wish to participate at a later date, we can transfer your registration to another course/date. Please make contact with VCA as soon as possible in order to organise this.
The option to transfer is valid up to the course commencement. There is no extra cost to transfer your registration to another date, but you must complete a course within 12 months from the date you registered for the course. If after 12 months you have not completed the course, your registration will be considered closed.
6. Online Behaviour. The e-Course learning platform, Ruzuku, makes it possible for participants to share information, experiences, opinions and images within the confines of the e-Course. The rules of social media apply to this forum. That is,
• Be courteous to others online
• Respect others’ content and images; do not share images or content posted by other participants unless you have specific and clear permission to do so
• If you see something that is inappropriate or makes you feel uncomfortable, speak up and let us know
• Be aware of the sensitive nature of the topics around pregnancy, baby and infant loss and implement all appropriate self-care strategies necessary to ensure your own mental and physical wellness. In the interests of all e-Course participants, VCA reserves the right to enforce the removal of any participant from the e-Course whose behaviour or demeanour is, in our view, considered unacceptable. The refund policy will not apply in this instance.
7. Copyright and Proprietary Property. We will provide some materials which are copyrighted proprietary property of VCA; you will also receive additional materials that are the copyrighted proprietary property of third parties. All copyrights relating to any course materials provided or made available by us or any other part, remain the sole property of the holder of the copyright. Therefore, no part of any course materials (other than downloadable PDFs) may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, or translated into any language, without our prior written consent.
VCA offers an option for participants to have unlimited access to e-Courses and their content. It is expected that participants will use this access as an ongoing resource, however the terms and conditions for copyright and proprietary property still apply in this instance.
Registration for a course applies to the individual who signs up and pays for the registration. Participants may not provide access for unregistered individuals to view the course; doing so contravenes privacy legislation and these Terms and Conditions. VCA will undertake appropriate legal or civil action if this were to occur.
8. Warranty and Qualifications. There are no warranties or guarantees, express or implied, for the use or results of course materials, that you will successfully complete a course, or that a particular level of knowledge will be attained by you, the participant.
In completing a VCA e-Course, VCA does not confer qualification to then support and advocate on behalf of bereaved parents and families following pregnancy, baby or infant loss. It is expected that any participant who wishes to provide support and advocacy to bereaved parents and families will seek out an appropriate organisation that provides such support and therefore fulfil the protocols, policies and requirements of that organisation in terms of eligibility and suitability.
Additionally, the Certificate of Completion is not a qualification for support and advocacy of bereaved parents and families following pregnancy, baby and infant loss.